Importers and vendors of Fine Audio Systems
Installers of Fine Audio Systems
some brands we sell or import
iStereos was founded in 2008 by John, an audio enthusiast and former bricks and mortar retailer. iStereos would however be an online retailer, specialising in high quality computer audio and streaming.
At the time iPods and Sonos streamers were disrupting the market but what do you do if you wanted better sound? A simple solution, still true today, was to hifi your computer. This was a new concept so products were in short supply. We sold what we could find locally and imported others to supplement our range.
We continue to do that, including installations. Some audiophiles just can’t accommodate floor standing equipment. Soundbars have been disruptive but what do you do if you want better sound. A simple solution is high quality on-wall speakers. A more complex solution are in-wall loudspeakers, including invisible speakers. It is a surreal experience to hear sound without a visible point source. If you’d like to try it, phone us for a demonstration.
(background: Tony installing invisible speakers which become so, when plastered over)
077 637 933 21
How to maximise sound quality:
• Safety First: Make sure all components are switched off and unplugged before (dis)connecting!
• Use a decent hifi rack and a separate shelf per component to isolate their power-supplies (source of electro-magnetic interference). Vibration-absorbing shelves offer phenomenal performance.
•Use a separate wall plug or power- conditioner (not extension leads) and decent power leads per component.
• Use quality speaker cables, interconnects and digital leads as they reduce radio frequency interference (RFI) and other contaminants from distorting your music.
• Separate power cables from speaker/interconnects cables.
The more efficient your speakers are, the lower your amplifier’s power need be. 4 things to remember when installing speakers:
• Whatever you do to one stereo speaker, do the same to the other. EG: keep both speakers equidistant from the rear wall, at the same height and use the same cable lengths for both.
• Bass boom masks fine treble detail. Find your rooms (acoustic) position by placing both speakers against the wall. Listen, move both into the room and repeat until an ideal balance of bass and treble is found.
• Next place your loudspeakers far apart from each other, forming an equilateral triangle between speakers and listening seat. Listen, move them closer together & repeat until the best holographic image is found.
• Stability improves bass. Place a spirit level on top of your speaker, adjust spikes until stable. Avoid corners (except for subwoofers).